How to Properly Wash Your Face to Fight Blackheads and Acne
Acne strikes people from adolescence through middle age, and while there isn't a cure for pimples, zits and blackheads, they can be controlled.
The problem? Most people don't properly wash their face. They either over-exfoliate with harsh scrubbing, or dry it out using extreme cleansing soaps— both of which cause the face to overcompensate and produce even more oil, which in turn can clog pores. This creates an unending cycle that can cause long-term skin damage and premature aging lines.
Fortunately there is a much gentler way to properly clean the skin in five simple steps.
1. Wash your hands with antibacterial soap so that you don't transfer acne-causing bacteria to your face.
2. Splash lukewarm water on your face to prep the skin for cleansing. Hot water can damage the skin and cause your face to begin oil production.
3. Use a cleanser that's specifically designed for faces and unclogging pores. Clogged pores are what keep your skin's oil from reaching the surface, which not only causes blackheads and pimples but also dries out your face.
One of the top skin cleansers also comes from one of the most trusted names in acne treatment:Proactiv® Blackhead Dissolving Gel.
Proactiv® Blackhead Dissolving Gel uses Salicylic Acid to help keep pores clear, reducing blockage and helping prevent new breakouts from forming. It also contains Lactic Acid, which is gentle and helps exfoliate dead skin cells and absorb excess oil. This not only helps keep pores clear, but also helps them appear smaller so that skin looks smoother. Finally, Shea Butter, which is rich with Omega-6 and Omega-9 essential fatty acids, as well as Aloe Vera and Bisabolol help soothe the skin and protect it from dehydrating.
These combined ingredients can help break the over-cleansing, acne-causing cycle that plagues so many people.
4. Gently rub the cleanser into your skin, moving fingers in a circular motion for at least 30 seconds. Fingers usually work better than loofahs or wash cloths that can irritate the skin.
5. Cup cool water in your hands, lift it to your face, and rinse. Do this several times, then pat your face dry — don't rub it—with a soft towel.
While these steps seem simple, they work, and the kind of cleanser you use is definitely key to your success.
Proactiv® produces the number one acne treatment system in America, and the company has won numerous beauty and skincare awards. They also invest every year to formulate products that effectively fight acne while still protecting your skin.
The Proactiv® Blackhead Dissolving Gel not only helps deep clean and decongest pores, it helps clear blackheads and pimples while absorbing excess oil and removing dead skin cells. It’s designed to leave your face glowing and oil-free, soothe skin irritation, and give skin a smoother, more hydrated look and feel. When it comes to the battle against acne, proper steps and the right cleanser could make all the difference in the world.
Click here to learn more about Proactiv® Blackhead Dissolving Gel.
This article sponsored by Proactiv®